Interested in working for Associated Black Charities? Below is a list of available opportunities.
Summary - This position is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the staff accountants in all aspects of fiscal management of Ryan White Title 1 providers related to the grant award. Position involves reviewing all fiscal reports from providers for accuracy and compliance with contract agreement. Monitoring adherence with generally accepted accounting principles, compliance with policies and regular requirements of Ryan White Care Act and applicable auditing standards A21, A-110 and all other applicable standards.
Supervisory Responsibilities - This position supervises 1 lead accountant, 2 staff accountants and 1 administrative assistant. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these accountants. Also directly supervises one non-supervisory employee... Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Associated Black Charities’ policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for monitoring the fiscal management of assigned Ryan White Title 1 providers.
- Review annual budgets, budget modifications, processing reprogramming requests, reconciliation of monthly Report of Expenditures and Request for Payment from providers to Request to BCHD for payment.
- Coordinates with staff accountants, program staff and providers to ensure accuracy and timely submission of fiscal reports and performance measures.
- Approves payment requests from providers and prepares correspondence to providers in reference to payment adjustments and noncompliance with reporting requirements.
- Review and approve annual budget and budget form for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Coordinate input of approved budget into spreadsheet by applicable service category and contact number.
- Prepare and create report for submission to BCHD and The Greater Baltimore HIV Planning Council reconciling to HERSA grant award.
- Coordinate with Program Director regarding the preparation of all supporting schedules/ reports.
- Review reprogramming request for accuracy and reasonableness.
Review monthly submission of Form 438from providers (B1,B1A & B5) for the following:
- Accuracy of approved budget, correct calculation of year to date expenditures and requests for payment and approve requests for payment.
- Review budget line items for significant over or under-spending, and contact provider is where applicable and report significant findings to Program Director and applicable staff.
- Review files periodically for documentation by staff accountants of applicable conversations with providers, and implement change in systems as deemed necessary.
- Review input of expenditures to date into spreadsheet for preparation of applicable reports.
- Coordinate submission of original form to program for filling in permanent file
- Prepare monthly journal entries for input into Administrative Agency’s accounting system.
Review Form 8, Performance (Program Officer –BCHD), from providers for the following:
- Changes in budgeted amounts
- Discrepancies in year to date report amount
- Contact Program Director in reference to changes immediately and request solution
- Coordinate submission of forms to program for review and filing in permanent file.
- When applicable review and process budget modifications, allocation supplements, and reprogramming request.
- Participate in fiscal and program monitoring sessions of all assigned providers.
- Coordinate technical assistance to providers in the development fiscal management systems as it relates to Ryan White Title 1 grant award.
- Assist Accountants in the preparation of reports to Baltimore City Health Department, The Greater Baltimore HIV Planning Council and Ryan White Program staff.
- Understand Ryan White Title policies and procedures and be able to respond to both internal and external inquiries.
- Attend applicable Planning Council Committee meetings as assigned.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Analytical – Ability to analyze data and prepare reports and summaries as appropriate
- Problem Solving - Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Presents numerical data effectively.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and at least 5 t0 7 years of accounting and related experience. Experience and knowledge of OMB circular A-133 audit.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, budgets, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Knowledge and ability to apply basic accounting principles. Ability to apply basic mathematical operations to bank reconciliations and payroll payments
Basic knowledge of Fund EZ Software, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Working knowledge of Access.
Associated Black Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Please specify “Ryan White Senior Accountant” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Search is open until position is filled.