Interested in working for Associated Black Charities? Below is a list of available opportunities.
GRANTS AND CONTRACTS COORDINATOR
The Grants and Contracts Coordinator is responsible for the internal formulation, processing, finalization and management of all ABC grants and contractual agreements as required in coordination with executive management and legal counsel. This includes the administration and monitoring of Associated Black Charities' Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program funds from the US Department of Health Resources and Services Administration, as the fiscal administrative agency for the Baltimore City Health Department, which total over $20 million.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administer and supervise contract and grant administration, monitoring and compliance with special emphasis on the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
- Manage reporting activities to grantors, including planning, writing and coordinating all grant reports, maintaining grants calendar and coordinating with program and accounting staff.
- Review externally prepared contracts, grants and proposals for accuracy and agency obligations.
- Develop and prepare regular reports on the status of contracts and grants.
- Coordinate and maintain a schedule of agency reporting requirements for external funding sources.
- Maintain computer database for the grants and contract management system.
- Create detailed grant and contract related documents including amendments, revisions and terminations.
- Determine the priorities, goals and objectives of assigned job tasks.
- Coordinate with accounting staff to ensure proper billing, receipt and disbursal of grant and contract funds.
- Implement and interpret policies and procedures; develop, recommend and coordinate the implementation of new procedures to ensure cohesive workflow in the Contracts Department.
- Serve as the point of contact/liaison for providers, consultants, and vendors through all manners of communication, i.e. phone, email, face to face.
- Maintain confidentially of file contents and the department to comply with Ryan White Title 1 HIPAA legislative and ethical requirements.
- Represent Associated Black Charities by attending require internal and external meetings and facilitating presentations.
- Provide assistance to providers, consultants and vendors to ensure completion of contractual obligations.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university. Seven (7) years of professional experience in grant writing, grants management and contracts administration.
Other Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of OMB circulars and other Federal and state guidelines for grants management. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems and demonstrated use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Salary Range: $45K - $50K
To apply: Associated Black Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Grants and Contracts Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Search is open until position is filled.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for reviewing and monitoring all aspects of fiscal management of Ryan White Title I providers related to grant award. Position involves processing all fiscal reports from providers for accuracy and compliance with contract agreement. Monitoring adherence with generally accepted accounting principles, compliance with policies and regulatory requirements of the Ryan White Care Act and applicable auditing standards A21, A-110 and all other applicable standards. Assist with preparation of reports to Baltimore City Health Department, The Greater Baltimore HIV Planning Council and the Ryan White Administrative Agency. Accountability: Staff Member of the Ryan White Part A Administrative Agent Fiscal Team; reports directly to the Senior Accountant.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities Responsible for monitoring the fiscal management of assigned Ryan White Title I providers. Responsibilities include reviewing annual budgets, budget modifications, processing reprogramming request, reconciliation of monthly Report of Expenditures and Request and Payment from providers to Request to BCHD for payment. Coordinates with program staff and providers to ensure accuracy and timely submission of fiscal report and performance measures. Prepare payments request to providers and compile list of providers out of compliance with applicable reporting requirements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Review tracking tools received from Program Officers for the following: o Billed amounts for services as they appear on the B1 reports. o Discrepancies in year to date reported amount. o Contact Provider in reference to additional documentation that may be required to substantiate and document reported expenditures
Audits o Conduct periodically scheduled Site Visits of Providers. o Prepare a written Fiscal Site Visit Report. o Prepare and review audit findings with Providers.
Annually: • o Review annual budget and budget form for accuracy and reasonableness. o Input approved budget into spreadsheet by applicable service category and contact number. o Prepare report to Administrative Agent Program Coordinator, BCHD and The Greater Baltimore HIV Planning Council reconciling to HERSA grant award. o Coordinate with Program preparation of all supporting report and schedules needed. • Review reprogramming request for accuracy and reasonableness.
Monthly: Review monthly submission of Form 438 from providers for the following: o Vouch accuracy of approved budget, correct calculation of year to date expenditures and request for payment. o Review budgeted line items for significant over or under-spending, and contact provider is where applicable. o Document any conversations and report to program significant findings. o Submit reviewed forms to Sr. Accountant for review and approval for payment. Revised 7-2-14 o Input expenditures to date into spreadsheet for preparation of applicable reports. o Forward original form to program for filing in permanent file. o Prepare monthly journal entries for input into Administrative Agency’ accounting system.
Review Form 8, Performance Measures, from providers for the following: o Changes in budgeted amounts o Discrepancies in year to date reported amount o Contact program in reference to changes immediately and request resolution. o Send form to program for review and filing in permanent file. o When applicable review and process budget modifications, allocation supplements, and reprogramming request. o Provide technical assistance to providers in the development of fiscal management system as it relates to Ryan White Title I grant award. o Participate in fiscal and program monitoring sessions of all assigned providers. o Assist in the preparation of reports to Baltimore City Health Department, The Greater Baltimore HIV Planning Council and Ryan White Program staff. o Understand Ryan White Title I policies and procedures and be able to respond to both internal and external inquires. o Attend applicable Planning Council Committee meeting as assigned. o All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: o Basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principle. o Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook. o High level of verbal and written communication skills. o Ability to analyze data and prepare reports and/or summaries as appropriate. • Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Qualifying Education and Experience: The candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least two (2) years of accounting and related experience.
Salary Range: $45K - $50K
To apply: Associated Black Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Please specify “Ryan White Staff Accountant” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Search is open until position is filled.