Our national community partner, the Jeannette Rankin Foundation, provides scholarships for women over 35 needing funds to pursue their education. Read below for more about this wonderful opportunity and apply by March 1, 2012. This is a national scholarship program and available to women in all 50 states. APPLY NOW if you are eligible. Feel free to forward to others.
Since 1978, JRF has helped more than 600 low-income women attend college. In fall 2012, JRF will award scholarships to at least 50 more women across the U.S. We would like to invite women who meet the requirements below to apply for our scholarship program.
A Jeannette Rankin Fund scholarship applicant:
* Must be a woman,
* A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
* Age 35 or older, as of March 1, 2012
* Low-income (financial guidelines are available on our website),
* Enrolled in or accepted to a regionally or ACICS accredited school,
* Pursuing a vocational education, an associate’s degree, or a first bachelor’s degree.
The application can be printed from our website www.rankinfoundation.org/students or students may send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 1 Huntington Road, Suite 701 Athens, GA 30606 request an application by mail. The postmark deadline is March 1, 2012. I’ve also attached a flier with more information about our scholarships to this e-mail.